Is it wrongful termination if I was fired during my probationary period? 3 Answers as of March 08, 2012

I was employed almost until my 90 day marking period and I was hired without receiving an employee handbook? Do you think I have a case? I was suspended and fired while being suspended? Can a job do that to you?

Fisher, Butts, Sechrest & Warner, P.A. | Matthew W. Birk
Florida is an at will state, so in the absence of a written employment contract, you can be terminated for any reason or no reason, as long as it is not an illegal reason. Your probationary period is irrelevant.
Behren Law Firm
Behren Law Firm | Scott Behren
It depends upon what you were fired for. If you were fired based upon discriminatory reasons, that it was no legal. Otherwise, it was probably legal.
Law Office of Robert J. Slotkin | Robert J. Slotkin
Yes, you can be fired during a suspension. Also, in Florida you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all. If there is discrimination at play, then the answer changes. The probation period has nothing to do with your question.