Is it worth my time to sue my family member because my mother's estate was not handled properly? 1 Answers as of March 18, 2016

My mother did not have a will. My sister self appointed executor of estate. Lawyer she hired will not let me see the file. Lawyers office told me couldn't go through probate because Mom did not have a will. My name showed up on a "warranty deed" granting the house to brother and law for nothing. I was not aware of this. House was entered and everybody took what they wanted even when my mother was still alive in nursing home. My sister "the executor" says she don't remember much of what happened and kept no paperwork. My mother passed away in May of 2006. There was a huge jewelry collection, coin collection, a car, barbies, china, antique furniture, house was paid for, collectible, inheritance from grandparents, inheritance from husband. Told at first Mom had nothing when she died. Everything settled very quickly. I received a check for $200 after a month or so. My brother in law took possession of the house 3 months later to the very day and then borrowed $80,000 the day after that. If I need one will I be able to find a lawyer for free. Oh yeah, my sister "the executor" went to nursing school (did not have a source of income) soon after moms passing. Yeah maybe she got a loan or grant right. Soon after graduating she now has a brand new 2014 mustang. She is not married, supports herself. Some thing is not right. Brother in law that got the house free of charge, had experience. This was his 5th property. He had acquired other property the exact same way as he did my mom's house?

Richard J. Keyes Attorney at Law | Richard J. Keyes
You are long past any statute of limitations. With your mother passing away in May 2006, you should have quickly seen an attorney at that time and not have waited so long.