Is it true that my US-born husband can file for my citizenship 90 days after getting my green card? 1 Answers as of May 18, 2011

How soon after getting my green card can my US-born husband apply for my citizenship?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
The answer to your question is no. You can apply for naturalization after three years if you were obtained your green card through marriage and are still married. If you were married less than two years prior to obtaining your green card, you will receive a two-year conditional residence card. That card will require you to file to remove conditions within 90 days of the expiration of the conditional resident card. If you have other questions, feel free to contact me.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: