Is it true that DUIs can’t be expunged? 14 Answers as of April 02, 2014

This is my first offence and I've never been in trouble with the law before. I'd hate to think that one night out with the girls would change my whole life.

Nichols Law Firm
Nichols Law Firm | Michael J. Nichols
Yes that's true.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
In Florida, yes. DUI's can’t be expunged.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
In California a DUI cannot be "expunged" but it can be changed from a finding of guilt to a finding of "not guilty" which will allow you to claim on job applications that you have not been convicted of a crime. It will not prevent you acknowledging the conviction for purposes of applying for state licenses or renewals, it will also not remove the conviction from your driving record. There are other limitations that I won't delineate here, you should contact the lawyer who helped you with your case or another lawyer in your area about the specific relief you are seeking and whether it is available under the law.
The Law Offices of Colavecchio & Colavecchio, PLLC | Michael Colavecchio
In Tennessee, a DUI conviction cannot be expunged.
Yes. because subsequent DUIs have increasingly severe penalties. Yes, one night out with the girls can change your whole life. You can also look at it as an eye opening experience to ensure that it does not happen again..... and be thankful that someone wasn't hurt or killed in the process.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    Only DUI cases that are "not guilty" or dismissed can be expunged. DUI supervisions or convictions cannot be expunged or sealed.
    False. You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
    Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
    Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
    You would need to research the statutes in your state. In Minnesota, a DUI conviction cannot be expunged.
    It is true. They do not allow them to be expunged since it impacts on your driver's license.
    Graves Law Firm
    Graves Law Firm | Steve Graves
    If you were under age 21 when you were arrested, there's a provision in the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code that might allow for expunction. I don't know of any other avenues for getting the conviction off your record short of reopening the case based on some extraordinary circumstances or a pardon from the governor.
    It is generally true. You can have it looked into but prepare to be disappointed.
    In Michigan, DUI's (like all traffic offenses) can never be expunged from either your criminal or driving records.
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    In Missouri, a first-time misdemeanor DUI can be expunged if you have had no other misdemeanors or felonies on your record for 10 years following your conviction.
    Fluhr & Moore, LLC | Steven S. Fluhr
    If you plead guilty and received a suspended imposition of sentence (SIS), and you get no other alcohol related charges, you can have the DWI expunged after 10 years. The expungement would include the administrative suspension of your driving privilege.