Is it too late to get renters' insurance after the ceiling is leaking and bedroom ceiling has fallen? 5 Answers as of April 09, 2014

I live in an apartment.

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
It's never too late to get renters insurance..however, it is likely that renters insurance will not pay for any preexisting conditions.
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
I think you probably already know the answer to this. You can buy insurance anytime, but I'm sure it won't cover something that has already happened!
Law Office of Ranj Mohip, LLC
Law Office of Ranj Mohip, LLC | Ranj Mohip
You can get renter's insurance at anytime, but it won't cover losses that occurred before you procured the coverage.
Most probably yes, but it is also likely this is the landlord responsibility. Read your lease or rental agreement and, if necessary, see an attorney. the Damage to your property and contents will most probable not be covered by the landlord's policy. Reenters' insurance is a good idea.
Yes, but the landlord still must fix the problem.