Is it tax fraud to draw unemployment while still working? How? 4 Answers as of July 03, 2015

I have been drawing unemployment while working. What should I do? Is this tax fraud?

No, unemployment compensation and wages are both taxable income and will both likely be reported. ?So you're ok as far as taxes. However, it IS unemployment fraud, if you haven't reported accurate information to the unemployment people. ?If you think it's tough getting a good job now, wait until you go looking for a job with a conviction for felony fraud on your record. ?Oh well, they say that you get free lunches when you work at a McDonalds.
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
This is not merely tax fraud; it is fraud and God only know what other crimes too.
Polsinelli Shughart PC | William B. Prugh
You will be taxed on the unemployment since it is reported to the IRS by the state. The fraud aspect of drawing U/E is more likely a violation of the state U/E laws if you are not eligible to receive it. The problem is almost certain to be discovered when the state compares your earnings records. I would stop drawing U/E and consult a professional advisor about how to handle payments already received.
Tomas Ayuban
Tomas Ayuban | Tomas Ayuban
It is not tax fraud, but it is a crime. You should stop taking unemployment and contact an attorney immediately.