Is it still possible to sue a school for negligence 5 years after the incident? 1 Answers as of June 01, 2015

When I was a sophomore in high school during physical education, I was playing basketball in the gym and out of nowhere I was hit by a soccer ball in an indoor basketball court! When I got hit, I was unconscious and woke up inside a helicopter. When I went to the hospital, I was diagnosed with a severe concussion. To this day I have trouble paying attention in class, holding conversations or even reading. Now I'm 19 and a sophomore in college. Is it still possible to sue?

In Florida, assuming it's a public school, you were required to put the "head of the agency" on notice of your intention to bring a claim within 3 years, and the lawsuit had to be filed within 4 years, so the answer is that it's too late to sue 5 years out from the day of the accident.