Is it proper to question a student without the presence of the parent? 6 Answers as of December 17, 2013

My daughter and an 18 year old friend stole their friend's bank card and charged $227.00 worth of stuff. The COD at my daughters school never gave her the maranda and questioned her without me being there now she getting.

The police do not have to give Miranda if the person is not under arrest. And in Michigan anyone 17 years old is charged as an adult.
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC | Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
The full details would need to be known in order to provide legal counsel.
Absolutely proper.
They can question her, best to advise not to talk until a parent is present. It never does any good to talk anyways.
I need more information and she needs an attorney to try to prevent this from reaching her permanganate record and doing great harm to her future prospects.
    Yes, school officials can question your children without your knowledge or consent. Otherwise, it would be impossible for the school to ever investigate allegations of parental abuse. Miranda warnings only have to be given while in police custody. You can have a local criminal defense attorney review the matter to see if there are any violations that can be argued.