Is it possible to terminate my dui probation in Califiornia? 11 Answers as of February 29, 2012

I was wondering if it was possible to remove my DUI probation? I am trying to enlist in the United States Army. But the Army requires a clean record with no probation, they also require that if possibly lifted the reason for a probation lifted cannot have association with the US Army.

The Law Office of Stacey Wolcott
The Law Office of Stacey Wolcott | Stacey Wolcott
If you have accomplished all of the requirements of your probation, such as finishing your
class, paying all your fines, etc. then you can apply for an early termination of probation;
however, it is up to the judge to make a determination to grant you such a request. A few
letters of recommendation would be helpful. You can feel free to give my office a call and
schedule a free consultation.
Yes, possibly.

Your problem is that the military has discretion to deny you even if this is expunged. Sounds like your recruiter has decided to let you in if you get it expunged. I would double check with him, now that you know the actual process and what it is called. However, you should do this expungement for future employment sake, even if the military rejects you.

If you are serious about doing this, and you think you qualify, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.
Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy
Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy | Ryan P. Murphy
Yes, it is possible to terminate your DUI in California. The actual motion used is to "expunge" your DUI. This takes you off probation so that you may join the Army. I understand the reason needs to be something other than joining the Army. (We represent a lot of individuals that are either trying to join or enlisted...)

Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact my office at your earliest convenience.
Tomas M. Flores, Esq.
Tomas M. Flores, Esq. | Tomas M. Flores
Yes - you can clear your record, and terminate probation early if you meet certain probationary conditions.
Generally if you have completed more than half your probation a court can release you from probation. Talk to your PO as the court will need his/her consent. Most judges would be sympathetic to your situation.
    Yes it is possible. You should consult with an attorney to assist you.
    If you have completed at least half of the probation term successfully, you should consult a DUI attorney to do an early termination. Your reason is job-related, so you have a chance.
    Yes, it is possible to get DUI probation terminated early without using "US Army" as the reason. I can help you with this process. Call me to discuss further.
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    Under certain circumstances you can early terminate and expunge your record under California Penal Code 1203.3 and 1203.4.
    Law Office of Joe Dane
    Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
    In order to terminate your probation early, you have to show "good cause" why they should let you out of the deal you made. The court cannot terminate your probation solely to facilitate your entry into the Army, but you may have other factors to argue to the judge. If you were on 3 years probation (the standard for a firs offense), you probably need to have at least half if not more under your belt before you try.

It may be worth it to find a local criminal defense attorney to sit down in a consultation and discuss the issues and what their assessment is.
    Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law
    Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law | Alanna D. Coopersmith
    If you have completed all of the probation terms - did the DUI class, paid the fines, did any county jail required, and did not pick up a new offense - you may be able to get probation terminated early and your conviction expunged.