Is it possible to sue someone who committed a crime against you? 5 Answers as of September 19, 2012

Can I sue someone who was charged with assaulting me while at a nightclub? This individual caused thousands of dollars of medical damage and I was forced to miss work. Is this a type of personal injury lawsuit that normal ends in a favorable settlement in California?

Law Offices Colyn B. Desatnik
Law Offices Colyn B. Desatnik | Colyn B. Desatnik
Yes. The perpetrator can be charged criminally and you can sue for civil damages for pain, suffering, humiliation, loss of earnings, medical expenses and residual injury.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
Yes. Your injuries, lost wages and medical expenses from the assault can be recoverable. You may also have a claim against the nightclub
The Torkzadeh Law Firm
The Torkzadeh Law Firm | Reza Torkzadeh
Anytime you are injured by another person, the law provides guidelines in which you are entitled to being compensated for. For example: past medical bills, future medical bills, loss of earnings, pain and suffering etc... I suggest you speak with an attorney who can properly evaluate your specific situation and advise you on the correct course of action to take. Make sure that you are documenting everything related to the incident including dates, times, names of witnesses, bills etc...