Is it possible to start the K1 visa process while my fiance is in the US? 2 Answers as of July 11, 2013

Is it possible to start K1 visa process while fiance is in the US. My fiance is planning to visit for 2 months (TO SEE HOW THE PLACE IS LIKE) and then will go back to home country to complete the application process. Specifically, can the fiance stay in the US for the first part of the application process (i.e. filing, receipt of NOA-1 and NOA-2, all of which I am assuming will take around 2 months time) and then return after 2 months stay in US for attending the medical and interview in home country. Is this scenario possible at all, because we just trying to reduce the separation period by a period of 2 months if possible at all. (I know the process takes up to 6-8 months) Will starting the application from the US have any effect on the K1 visa process in any way. Or is it safe to begin the process when the fiancee is in home country & not in US. Thanks in advance for all the answers!

Yes, as long as she leaves on time as shown on her I-94 card.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Yes it is possible to do just that. I do not see any risk to your K-1 visa application.