Is it possible to return a green card and get a US visa tourist to visit the country? 2 Answers as of February 21, 2011

If I complete the Form I-407 and return my daughter's green card, because she does not want to live in US any more, is it possible to get a US visa tourist to her to come visit to us?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Probably - like an tourist she will need to demonstrate her intent to return to her home country. She may not want to give up the green card lightly though. Have her consider getting a Reentry Permit for extended time abroad especially if she is relatively young. She must be in the U.s. to apply and to be fingerprinted but then the document can be sent to her overseas. This would allow her to remain abroad for up to two years but still allow her to travel to the U.s. when she wants to visit. She will need to continue to pay U.S. taxes on her worldwide income and keep other contacts with the U.S.

I suggest a consultation for her to think this through. There is not a guarantee she would easily get a visitor visa when she wants. If you would like a consultation on the facts of her specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for her case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/21/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: