Is it possible to move child custody out of state? Posted on June 04, 2011

My husband has a set visitation schedule for his 8 year old son with meeting his ex wife half way each time. We may be taking a job offer out of state...which would be about a 5 hour drive each way to meet half way between the 2 homes. She doe not communicate or negotiate with him on anything so settling by mutual agreement is not an option. Flying his son every visit is not an option either because of the high cost. We cannot afford an attorney to go to court to have it settled so what would we need to do? What is the process of filing for change of visitation if you have no lawyer? If she has a lawyer who fights us the whole way, and we have no lawyer will we end up with an unfair judgement? What is the worst case scenario? Thank you for your time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: