Is it possible to keep a drug charge off my record by entering a no contest plea in court? 6 Answers as of August 25, 2015

If I plead ‘no contest’ can I keep this off my record? Pot and other paraphernalia in my roommate’s room were found by police officers when they came and searched with a warrant last week. There was some other stuff in the kitchen, but there was nothing in my room since I don’t do drugs.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
A "no contest" plea is the same as a "guilty" plea in criminal courts. It will show up as a conviction.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/25/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Missouri does not have "no contest" pleas. Hire an attorney to take care of this for you. Your attorney can probably get the charges reduced to a lesser offense, or dismissed completely, depending on which court your case is in and whether you have prior drug-related convictions.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 8/19/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
No contest goes on your record as a conviction.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/19/2015
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
A no contest plea is considered a guilty plea.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/19/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
No contest will not do the trick, and will result in your conviction of a drug offense which will be on your record and haunt you for years and years to come. Engage an attorney immediately and defend yourself vigorously, or, at least get yourself into a program which will not result in a permanent record if you satisfactorily complete it.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/19/2015
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    Quite the opposite. Pleading "no contest" is the same as pleading "guilty." Hire a lawyer before you do something you will regret.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 8/19/2015
Click to View More Answers: