Is it possible to get a waiver after deportation? 2 Answers as of March 23, 2011

I was deported from the US in 2008 for overstaying a visa and have an American fiance and plan on getting married this year. Unfortunately my boyfriend has a medical condition that requires him to be close to a US clinic meaning he can not live in a foreign country and especially Africa(where i come from) due to the complicated nature of his condition. Is it possible to for me to file a waiver to enable me return to the US before my deportation period(10yrs) elapses so that I can be with my husband? If so, can you recommend some good attorneys that would be able to help in the filing of the same.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You should certainly get a waiver and expedite it! Hiring an experienced lawyer definitely increase the odds of approval and expedite the process. We would love to help you. You can write to us to schedule a consultation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/23/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Yes there are waivers available in your situation if you applying for an immigrant visa as the spouse of a U.S. Citizen. You will need to file Form I-212 and likely Form I-601. These "waivers" are not easily granted and you and your husband will have to prove that he will show he will suffer extreme hardship. Our office handles these types of matters and would be able to help you in you reside in our area. Otherwise, check your local bar association to see if they have a referral program. Make sure that you hire someone that specializes in Immigration.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: