Is it possible to get to old felonies expunged in orlando florida? 2 Answers as of January 27, 2011

It has been 12yrs now since the two felonies. I was young and scared so i plead guilty to the charges. I had a knife under my car seat when i was pulled over and they say they found a crumb of cocaine on the back floor of my car, less than 2 centimeters and charged me with possession of cocaine. Its been 12yrs. I live in orlando, florida. Is it possible to expunge the felonies now? i havent been in trouble since.

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
In order to get criminal charges expunged or sealed, the Court has to have withheld adjudicating you guilty of a crime. The Court would have announced it at the time of your plea and it would have been part of your plea. If you were adjudicated guilty there is no way to get it sealed or expunged. Good Luck.
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
t would depend on if you were adjudicated guilty, or if adjudication was withheld, after the guilty plea. If adjudication was withheld, then you could seal the records. If you were adjudicated guilty (convicted), then unfortunately under Florida law you would not be able to seal or expunge the records. If you're not sure what the final outcome was, then there are ways to look it up. Please feel free to contact me directly.