Is it possible to get the reckless driving dropped to an infraction if I hire an attorney? 1 Answers as of March 21, 2017

I was speeding on the highway going over the speed limit maybe 20mp over or more. I was also swerving thru traffic. I got pulled over. The cop gave me a ticket and arrested me because I had a warrant out for my arrest. I couldn't make it to the court date because I was in custody and now I have a bench warrant. No one was harmed and I wasn't under the influence.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you. The lawyer also has a much better chance at getting this relatively minor charge infracted or even dismissed. By yourself you're more likely to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: