Is it possible to get my husband legal and how? 3 Answers as of April 22, 2017

I'm looking to get my husband legal. I'm not sure how to go about the process and if it's even safe.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Is your husband I n the U.S.? If so, how did he enter the country? Does he have any criminal history? What is your status? U.S. citizen? Legal Permanent Resident? Undocumented? Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a meaningful answers. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2017
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
Are you a Legal Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen? Either one would allow you to petition for him, but as a USC, the waiting period is much shorter. Also, how did he enter the U.S.? On a valid visa or illegally? If on a valid visa, he may remain here while the proceedings are pending. In other words, he won't have to leave the U.S. for his interview. He will be allowed to adjust here. Conversely, if entered illegally, a "waiver" needs to be filed to avoid a ten year ban. You will definitely need an attorney to guide you through this delicate and complicated process. But, either way, here or through a waiver, he may be able to get his green card.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/21/2017
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Significantly more information is needed in order to provide an immigration legal analysis for your husband. Are you, yourself, a U.S. citizen? How and when did your husband enter the U.S.? Have any applications ever been filed for your husband? Etc. There really is no substitute for consulting with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information, could advise about immigration eligibilities, options and strategies, and then could offer legal representation for the often quite complex application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: