Is it possible to fill out a fiance's forms if they are currently overseas? 8 Answers as of July 18, 2011

Is it true you have to meet the person you want to get a Visa, to come to U.S.A? They live in Cambodia now. Is it possible to fill out the forms by yourself? Any Help would be grateful . I am trying to help a friend do this.

A fiance visa requires at least one face-to-face meeting within the last two years. The U.S. consulate in Cambodia is also going to be very tough on whether the relationship is real so a strong ongoing relationship with lots of documentation is critical to a successful case. They will also want to know that he has complied with all Cambodian customs relating to engagements. I strongly recommend your friend take time off, go overseas and spend some good quality time with his fiance to determine if this really is the one. If successful in bringing her here ,they must get married within 90 days of entry to the U.S.
The fiancs need to have met in person within the last 2 years unless it is an arranged marriage or a brokered one but even then, meeting is usually a precondition to filing the fianc visa as a rule of thumb. Good luck!
One of the requirements for Fiance Visa is to have met the fiance in person within 2 years. I suggest that you use an immigration attorney for the process.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
Yes, they must meet in person. To help your friend you should tell them to hire an attorney. For a free consultation give me a call.
For you to qualify to file a K-1 Fiance petition, you must have met in person in the past two years. If you have not, you do not qualify.
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
    To file for fiancee visa, you need to physically meet each other within past 2 years, unless you can claim some exceptions.
    You need to meet the person within the last two years unless there is a strong reason why that is not possible. You also must heavily document that the relationship is real- ie speak same language, communicate often, etc. Fiancee visas are increasingly being denied and people are only getting approvals on the second set of applications. This is time consuming and expensive. The fiancee better speak English or be in immersion classes unless the USC speaks Cambodian or as a practical matter, it will not be approved. I would not recommend filing without a competent immigration attorney also some people are able to do this on their own.
    yes you have to have met in person within 2 years of filing the application unless medical emergency or religious custom prevents the in-person meeting.