Is it possible to clear an out of state warrant without having to travel there? 2 Answers as of August 22, 2011

I have an extraditable warrant out for my arrest in CO for fraud on unemployment which wasn't issued, nor any court paperwork, until I had already moved out of state to CA. I would like to pay the fines and een go to court if they want to set up a date but it's difficult to get time off work, for sure for both clearing the warrant and a court date. Is there anyway the DA would release the warrant and set up a court date? I have no previous record for anything except a speeding ticket when I was 19. I want to resolve this but its hard to do with a job and I am 4 months pregnant and won't be able to travel for long. My CO drivers license expires in Feb 20120 and I'm worried I won't be able to get a new CA until this is cleared.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
It's not likely unless you get an attorney in Colorado who can attempt to get the warrant cleared and a court date set up.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 8/22/2011
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
It is possible, but many DAs will want you to appear. If you contact the DA, preferably through an attorney, you might be able to work it out without an appearance. Among the biggest issues will be paying back the money. So, if you can offer to do that, you have the best chance of clearing it without an appearance.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 8/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: