Is it possible to cancel an annulment? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2014

I currently live in Troy, Ohio. Me and my wife were going through a annulment but we ended up working things out and want to get out of it. The lawyer is saying that we can't back out of it and saying that we would have to pay even more money and saying that if we try to stop it that it would become a real divorce. Are they aloud to do this and are we able to stop it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Barr, Jones & Associates LLP
Barr, Jones & Associates LLP | Andrew Brasse
You are ok reconciling. You can inform the court and they will dismiss the case. You shouldn't need to do anything else if a formal notice of dismissal is filed.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 3/28/2014
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
This is one of those questions that turns on the facts. I'm not sure if you have completed the annulment. If the court has issued a decree annulling your marriage, then there is no going back. BUT if the annulment is *not* final, and you truly want to stop it, I would visit a different lawyer and ask that lawyer the question: Does O.R.C. 3105.091 apply to your case? If it does apply, then one of the lawyers can ask the court to stop the annulment process for 90 days to allow you seek counseling and attempt to save your marriage.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 3/28/2014
Click to View More Answers: