Is it possible to be on f1 status without leaving the country? 1 Answers as of April 23, 2015

I had come to the US in 2012 on an f1 visa. I was suspended from school from January 2014 until January 2015. I also have a valid b2 visa and I have come to the US in February 2015 on the b2 visa. Now I applied to a different school and got accepted. My I94 expires in August 2015.

As you may suspect, there may be a problem with the one year suspension from school that you talked about. Your f1 visa is only valid for as long as you are attending the schools for which the visa has been granted. If you are suspended, that by definition means that you are no longer attending and that you are in violation of the terms of your visa. Now that you are here, I believe that your F1 may not be granted because of that issue. you're welcome to try though.