Is it possible to adjust my status without Leaving to Ciudad Juarez? 1 Answers as of May 25, 2011

I came to the US with my parents before the age of 2. Now that I am an adult, it is difficult to live a normal life. I am married to a US Citizen and have a child, along with my Bachelor's. I want to adjust, but knowing that I came w/o inspection, I have to leave to Juarez. Juarez is a dangerous city, for family and myself. I would rather pay any type of fees to allow me to adjust in the US. Is it possible to adjust in US without going to Juarez? (Entered without inspection)

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
I would unfortunately, have to tell you that you would likely have to report to Juarez for an interview, but it would depend upon the result of a request to hold the I-601 interview elsewhere. Unfortunately, while you can apply for a different interview locale, USCIS will likely require attendance in Juarez. However, the interview is something that will be held in a very short period (usually no more than 3 hours, the U.S. consulate is immediately across from the border in El Paso, and with your relationship with your husband and child, will stand a very good chance of obtaining a waiver, due to the great hardship to your young child in being separated from her, and the likely financial burden to follow. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to call or e-mail, to set up an in-person or phone consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: