Is it possible through contesting that the court could impose a lesser charge like speeding? 1 Answers as of August 03, 2017

I was cited for Neg 2 today and am wondering if I should contest it. I sped (83) on the interstate and changed from left to right and back to left to pass a slow driver. The state patrol officer had a body cam, and I admitted/apologized for what I did which caused them to choose negligence over reckless driving. I'm not sure if that body cam footage can be used in court? I am mainly concerned about my insurance increasing.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
If you have a good driving record and have not used a deferral in the last 7 years, you can request one from the prosecutor. If granted, committing no further law violations I 6 to 12 months (each jurisdiction is different), the charge goes away.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/3/2017
Click to View More Answers: