Is it possible not to pay child support without the non-custodial parent giving up their parental rights? 1 Answers as of September 09, 2013

Our child was born in Ohio. Both parents now live in separate states. The non-custodial parent would like the custodial parent to relinquish them from their child support obligation.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
It is possible, and happens every day. Child support is not related to visitation or custody issues. An obligor may keep his visitation granted by the court while being released from his child support obligation. Please see a family law attorney for information. This answer does not create a lawyer client relationship nor may it be relied upon for legal advice. The answer is intended for entertainment only.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 9/9/2013
Click to View More Answers: