Is it possible for them to prosecute me for credit card over charges if I never signed any paper work? 5 Answers as of October 14, 2013

I was added to a credit card account as an authorized user.

SmithMarco, P.C.
SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
If you are merely an authorized user, then they cannot come after you at all. However, it would not surprise me if they tried. We have seen, especially with a certain large bank, that they are switching authorized users into actual obligors when the obligors file bankruptcy. If this is happening to you, please call me for a free review of this matter. We have had some success handling it.
If you were an authorized user then you are not liable but if you are a guarantor then you are liable.
If you used a card procured with the intent not to pay it being know to you, you can not only be charged but also convicted.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
No where near enough information is provided. Who is looking at you for a 'prosecution'? Is it an employer? Were you added as a permitted user to a work account and then bought concert tickets and gifts for a special friend? It is a family account to use for emergencies and you bought an expensive watch because it was just too awesome to walk away from? Is it a collection company who can't locate the primary account holder? There can be civil and/or criminal liability attached to unauthorized use and yes, an authorized user can use in a way not intended by the account holder. On the latter however, an authorized user is not an account holder. If you are being hassled by a collection company, engage counsel and have counsel explain to them.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
An authorized user of a credit card is not liable. Attempts to impose liability may violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.