Is it possible for them to charge me later after I ran my car in to a light pole? 2 Answers as of December 20, 2016

I was recently involved in a single car accident. I don't remember much. According to the sheriff that followed me to the ER, I was making a suicide attempt. I was under a mental hold until evaluation. I think I remember him saying not to worry about a DUI because I was a sweet girl with a clean record. Anyways, I wasn't given a ticket, just a card with a case number. The doctor said that I had a blood alcohol level of .125 but the police would only be able to access it with a warrant. Then I was released once my evaluation for mental illness was cleared.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
Possible if they have evidence you were drinking and driving.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 12/20/2016
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
It is possible that they will seek to serve you a summons at a later point but there is not really a way to tell if they will do that or not. But it is legally possible. They may call you and ask you to come in and pick up the summons. Normally I would recommend people hire a lawyer and have the lawyer handle the acceptance of the summons, etc. if that comes up.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 12/20/2016
Click to View More Answers: