Is it possible for my girlfriend to stay in the US if her visa has expired? 1 Answers as of May 03, 2011

My girlfriend originally entered the US legally but her visa (student visa) has since expired and been denied an extension. She is still in the US. Would it be possible to for her to stay her in the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No, not in a legal status anyway. Someone will have to file a petition for her that will make her an immediate relative to a USC and cure that unlawful presence she is accruing right now. In her case it would have to be a USC child 21 or over; a USC parent if she is under 21; or a USC spouse. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: