Is it possible for me to bring my fiancee to the US? 3 Answers as of November 12, 2010

I have a greencard and I wants to bring my fiancee to the USA but we do not have a fiancee visa so if we get married and put a file then how much time takes and is it possible?

Unfortunately, you cannot bring your fiancee to the USA on a petition for legal residency. You must be married, and if you do not wait until you obtain U.S. citizenship, your petition for him/her may be approved, but that is only the first step. The second step involves your fiancee applying for "adjustment of status", which is only when your fiancee's filing date (called a "priority date") is brought up by the CIS and Dept. of States as current and granting eligibility to file that application. That waiting period can last from about 6-9 months, based upon the fact that your spouse would be classified as 2A, spouse of a legal permanent resident. If you want to discuss this further, call or e-mail me to set up an in-person or phone consultation. Best to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You must be a US citizen to bring your fiancee to the US on a K-1 visa.
You cannot petition for a fiancee if you are only a green card holder. You must either be a US citizen to petition for a fiancee or you must get married and then you can petition for your spouse if you are a green card holder.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions or if I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.