Is it OK to relocate even if I am having trouble with my probation officer but they are permitting me to? 1 Answers as of May 30, 2014

She is not attempting to violate me at the moment but I want to know what type of case I have if go before the judge. I currently want to relocate. I was not allowed to get a car to get around and they are permitting me to transfer. I am just finishing my second year in a 5 year probation sentence for a felony DWI. I work in Finance and have a MBA. I am 33 years old. I did not report for the first five months of probation. I tested positive to cocaine when I did. My attorney walked me out after my sentencing and told me probation would contact me. I made (which I can prove) multiple calls to probation and never received a call back. I relapsed twice, alcohol, recently. I am currently wearing a scram bracelet. I only completed 15 of 210 community service hours assigned to me. There is an assigned timetable to complete the hours. I was arrested over a $9.00 cab dispute (which I was sober for and proved it with an ETG test). Case was dismissed in court. I was diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder two months ago. I never had an issue before probation. I have been in outpatient treatment for 15 of the last 17 months. I am currently doing 3 hour and half group sessions and 1 one hour individual session a week. I stated multiple times my constraints on my time lead me more prone to relapse before my relapses occurred but was and still being ignored. I was asked by probation to switch jobs to reduce stress, which I did recently. Current cost of probation tasks per month are $1,500. Scram bracelet makes a very loud buzzing noise making attending meetings at work. My father committed suicide one week after I first reported to probation. I was unable to check on him because I had to work late because I had to attend the MADD meeting the next day. I was not even given a time on when I would end so my mom and sister went to go check on it.

Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
Based on those facts, you are incredibly lucky that you weren't violated as most POs would have. Switching probation officers may backfire as the next one may not be as lenient. Don't assume the next officer will grant your request about the car. The current one seems to want you to succeed. Speak to your attorney about this possible decision.