Is it obstruction of justice to film an officer from 30ft away? 10 Answers as of March 11, 2013

I've been charged with Obstruct Legal Process or interfere with Peace Officer for filming 5 officers arresting 2 girls. I was not only arrested, but my video was deleted by the arresting officers. I filed a motion for dismissal based on the destruction of my video but was not successful. My representation up to this point has been Pro se, but I think I may need some legal advice/representation.

Get an attorney. This is not obstruction but rather an illegal charge. There is freedom of press and speech.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Probably not, but that does not mean that an officer might not charge you with a crime anyway. Anyone might be accused of a crime, regardless of whether he or she has in fact broken the law. Just like other human beings, sometimes police officers do things that they are not supposed to do.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
I doubt that they prosecutor could prove that charge if you were 30 feet away as you did not interfere with the officers.
You are not in any way obstructing legal process by recording or filming the officer's actions in public. There are cases on this and it has been generally held that it is your constitutional right to record the action of the governmental officers. Get an attorney and make your defense, and in doing so hopefully teach the local police about citizen's constitutional rights.
I agree with your last statement.