Is it my first OWI or my third? 3 Answers as of August 21, 2014

I was arrested and charged with OWI 3rd offense notice in Michigan. I was also (or so I thought) convicted of it. Today, when I got my criminal background check from the Michigan State Police Ichat system, it stated that I was arrested and charged for a 3rd OWI but under the conviction column it said that I was convicted of a misdemeanor operating while intoxicated. I called the court and they said that their "register" stated I was convicted of the 3rd. Why the discrepancy?

Cindy Mannon
Cindy Mannon | Cindy Mannon
Perhaps your lawyer got it plead down to a 2nd offense, which would be a misdemeanor. This means you would not be a felon.
What court did you plead in for this offense?? Circuit or District Court? If it was in Circuit Court then it is indeed a felony OUIL 3rd.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
This is easy. If the Court was a district Court, it was the misdemeanor. If it was the circuit Court, it was a felony.