Is it more acceptable to drive without a license when the owner of the car was drunk? 7 Answers as of May 16, 2011

I am 17 and still have my learners permit. My friend drove us to a party and got drunk. I drove us home because he was in no condition to drive. We got into a fender-bender, but the cops said they would do something about me not having a license. Will I still be charged for driving without a license? Will I still be able to get one?

No, this is not a defense although it might be a mitigating factor for the judge in deciding what sentence to hand out to you.
It is up to the police and DA whether to charge you, and with what, but I cant predict what they will do. If charged, then hire an attorney would be the best advice to give you. Yes, your permanent license is at risk of delay and suspension because of the collision. If you are serious about getting an attorney, feel free to contact me. In the meantime, make sure you report the collision to your insurance company and DMV as required.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
You will probably be charged with Driving Without a Valid License (VC Section 12500). This will not delay you receiving a driver's license unless the Juvenile Court judge orders a suspension.

Our office is very experienced in handling these matters. For more information or to be represented, please call
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
You do not get any special benefit. You were not driving properly under the provisions of your permit. You can get charged for the offense and it could impact or delay getting a full license.
Yes you will be charged with driving without a license and this may prevent you from getting your license for at least a year. If you are ever in this situation again call a taxi or a sober friend/family to drive you home.