Is it likely that he will have to pay less child support than he’s paying now? 1 Answers as of July 28, 2016

We first had a child support hearing in 2009. At that time we were both making just ok money. I was around $60,000. He was less than that at around $40,000. Now I'm at $85,000 with a likely promotion to $95,000. He won't tell me what he makes, but did say he makes more than he did back then. Pretty sure it's less than me. Let's say $60,000. His idea is that if we went back, he could have it lowered. I would like to go back to have it increased. I only get $400 per month. It doesn't go very far. Mind you he has two other kids, but does not take care of either with no child support order. I really need the extra money being as though that's all he contributes ever. Is it likely to have child support lowered with me making what I make?

Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
It is likely but there are other factors which may increase his amount I would have to speak to you directly.