Is it legally permissible to talk to a lawyer other than my own in a lawsuit? 5 Answers as of August 02, 2010

I am currently in a suit with three other people. Am I legally permitted to talk to a lawyer, other than my own?

Law Offices of Ramona Hallam
Law Offices of Ramona Hallam | Ramona Hallam
Yes. You may speak with another lawyer & your communications are considered confidential even if you don't retain them. You should be cautioned, however, about having ongoing communications as this may undermine your current attorney's representation of you, or cause you to doubt where there is no cause to do so. Good luck.
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
Sure, you can get a second opinion from another lawyer if you like.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
You can talk to whoever you want. Lawyers have restrictions about what and who they can talk to. An attorney cannot talk to a represented client in an ongoing case about the case without their attorney's permission. So you may try to engage this attorney, they will probably tell you they can't talk to you about the case. You can talk to any attorney about the case (except the attorneys on the case) if you are considering seeking their professional services about the case.