Is it legal to terminate me from my job if I refuse to transfer to another location? Posted on July 29, 2011

I am facing being asked to resign because I am unwilling to transfer to another store (which would be a 2+ hour commute plus tolls for a part time job). I've been employed with this company for 5 years, and have been an exemplary employee. I am in a relationship with a manager in the store who is willing to transfer but there are no openings in the district. Our work responsibilities have been separated in that we no longer work any shifts together, which I was under the assumption to be successfully separating our work responsibilities per the company policy. What, if any legal actions could be taken if I am asked to resign? I have a copy of the company "fraternization policy" available.