Is it legal to take him to small claims court and put him back in jail after my son obeyed all the rules of being out on bond? 1 Answers as of September 19, 2016

I recently bonded my son out of jail. His bond was $50,000, come out to $5000. I gave him $1000 cash. We made payment arrangements. Bondsman got ahead of me and got my son’s title to his car. It’s worth $13,000. It’s a mustang GT. Bondsman got a lien out on the car and paid the bond off. My son had court last week and thee bondsman revoked my son’s bond and put him back in jail. Now I am out $1000 dollars and my son has no title to his car. The bondsman is taking me to small claims court for rest of bond. Now also, the bondsman knows my son is getting a settlement from a car accident. Is it legal for him to do that after he has paid bond with putting lien out on my son’s car and me giving him $1000 cash?

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
It would appear to me that shenanigans have occurred. This does not appear to be criminal but you might file a police report or any agency that licenses the bail bond industry. You might also consult an attorney. Good luck.