Is it legal to sell trademarked logos? 4 Answers as of August 13, 2011

I want to sell decal stickers of sport teams (ex. NFL, NBA, NHL teams) do I need to get permission to sell the sticker of the logos? If I do not ask permission and go on to sell the logos what can happen to me? If a lawsuit would be field against me would they have to warn me to stop selling the sticker first before they can sue.

Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
If you by the stickers from an authorized reseller, you may not have any issues, but if you make your own, you may have problems. i would suggest contacting an attorney to discuss your concerns and better advise you on the subject. Good Luck!!
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
This is not legal. Major league sports organizations are extremely aggressive in enforcing their IP rights, and you will probably be sued if sell these logos. Further, you have no right to receive notification before suit. This is one of those really bad ideas, that can get you in a lot of trouble.
Eclipse Group, LLP
Eclipse Group, LLP | Travis Burch
It is not legal unless you have permission (a license) which you will have to pay royalties for them.
Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers
Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers | Andrew D. Myers
The answer to your question is that it is legal for you to sell merchandise if you have obtained a license to do so. Without such a license, you are liable for statutory damages. The owners of these licenses are fairly aggressive about pursuing cases of unlicensed sales.