Is it legal to receive 4 different copies of my discovery? 9 Answers as of March 19, 2013

I have unlawful possession of firearms and possession of firearm charges. Since my case began in December last year, I have received 4 different copies of my discovery and each time, something else was added that had been left out from the prior time.

You will continue to receive additional discovery as the investigation reveals new information.
That is why since they are getting more things then they are making sure that you have it also.
Additional evidence collected by the prosecutor often results in multiple documents appearing to be the same, being tendered to the defense. It is not uncommon, but I would opine that it does appear to be a massive waste of our tax dollars for so many of the same documents being re-submitted instead of the addendum coming into the prosecutor's possession.
Yes you can. Don't confuse the civil case between you and the bank with a criminal case between you and the state.
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
Every police department has their own way of organizing their reports, but it is not uncommon for there to be an initial police report that is later followed by supplemental reports. The supplemental come as their investigation continues. Talk about this with your lawyer. If you don't have one, get one.
    The prosecution has an obligation to supplement discovery as it becomes available. There us nothing in appropriate about duplicating it.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    That's because discovery is an ongoing process. The prosecutor is forwarding what his or her office receives as he or she receives it. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
    The O'Hanlon Law Firm, P.C. | Stephen O'Hanlon
    It's an on-going investigation so more discovery will come.
    Patrick Earl Attorney
    Patrick Earl Attorney | Patrick Owen Earl
    Talk to your attorney about this because it isn't a question of LEGAL it is a question of what they can prove and what the testimony is going to be from the different witnesses. If you don't have an attorney get one. If this is an Eastern Washington State case contact me, I handle all types of criminal offenses throughout Eastern WA state. Good Luck