Is it legal to not report taxes to the IRS? 3 Answers as of August 03, 2011

My husband is CPA and in the past 9 yrs he has been the one who filed our taxes. I just recently found out that he has not filed any of my tax in the past 4 yrs. IRS sent me a letter and that's how I found out. After arguing and arguing he told me that he took care of it by talking to the assigned IRS agent and took over everything (Im confused). He told me NOT to call the IRS agent because then things can get worst. The IRS last date was July 11. Im not sure what to do. I do not want to make thing worse since Im filing for divorce right now (he doesnt know). My question is, did he tell me the truth that he was able to negotiate with the IRS agent to leave me alone and he is 100% responsible for not filling the tax for 4yrs?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
You need to retain an estates attorney immediately. You have an legal obligation to file your taxes regardless of what he is doing. It would seem his credibility is quite low. You need to take control of your affairs. Getting a tax attorney on board would be a good first step.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 8/3/2011
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
maybe take it up with your divorce lawyer
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/2/2011
The Schreiber Law Firm
The Schreiber Law Firm | Jeffrey D. Schreiber
You need to see an attorney who deals in tax problems and innocent spouse relief to protect you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: