Is it legal to make a new will for my mom? 1 Answers as of July 26, 2011

My Mom is from VA. and came to Florida and got sick,she made a new will in Va and has not been able to return to sign. Can we do a new one on legal Zoom? She has changed her will 3 times ,since my Dad has passed 2 years ago. My brother talked her into changing it and leaving everything to him and his daughter and then he killed himself in May, so that is the last will.

Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Its legal to make a new will, the question should be is she capable. You might look at having a will drawn up professionally as it can help to eliminate problems down the road and make sure she is doing what she desires. A will can be relatively inexpensive if done by an attorney. For example we charge $200 for a will and it will be a much more complete will than you will receive from Quicken or an online service like LegalZoom. Regardless of which way you decide to go, may estate planning lawyers will do a free consultation so that you can discuss the circumstances and her goals. Often there are better solutions than a simple online will that will save dollars in the futurel