Is it legal to have an accident not show up on police records? 1 Answers as of August 19, 2011

Is it legal in Louisiana to have a ticket from an at fault accident fixed to not show up on police record? The insurance company paid the other driver and the ticket was paid but the person at fault had a personal friend who works for an attorney fix it so it cannot show up when a insurance company runs their name. The way I see it is, it should be illegal because then the at fault is getting insurance with another company for a clean driving record and paying a low premium. Is this not some type of insurance fraud or theft of monetary by deception? This cannot be legal? If it is what sort of crime and punishment is there?

The Lucky Law Firm, PLC
The Lucky Law Firm, PLC | Robert Morrison Lucky
No, it is not illegal. The prosecution of the ticket/citation is at the discretion of the district attorney or city prosecutor depending on where the citation was received. The citation only deals with the criminal aspect of the accident. This should not affect the civil aspect of your case. Please call my office if you wish to discuss further.