Is it legal to get food stamps if you are self employed? Posted on July 23, 2011

I'm 18 and I moved out of my parents house about 8 months ago. I moved into a friend of the family's house. Well its a married couple two kids and three dogs. They are pretty rich. I have no clue how they pay for every thing though. Neither of them are working. They have a mentally challenged son that is 9. They are mean to both kids and the dogs. They have money to spend they go on an expensive trip every month. They go to Chicago every three weeks they just bought the new ipad. They are rich but still getting three hundred dollars a month for food stamps. We get free lunches at school and the youngest goes to a low income pre school. I asked him about it and they told me that they only look at the wife's income because he is self employed. I don't know what to do. Nothing is right in this situation. Please help, do they really not look at the self employment?