Is it legal for someone to post naked pictures of their ex girlfriend or boyfriend? 8 Answers as of November 08, 2012

If you have taken naked pictures or have been photographed (willingly) is it legal to have those nude photos posted on the web or on Facebook without the photographed individuals consent. Also, if you have sent naked pictures of yourself to a past significant other is it legal to post those pictures.

It is not legal to post naked pictures. I would not do it and would request others not to post them.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
If you want to be prosecuted criminally, and subject yourself to civil liability as well, post naked pictures.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
It may be legal, provided that they were taken with consent and they are not minors, but that does not make it right. if you post pictures of an ex-girlfriend to embarrass her then you are a vindictive and immature person. You should spend your time doing something to improve yourself and help others, not trying to hurt others and hurt your own reputation.
I will tell you what I tell everyone who asks this question.... and there are quite a few of you. If you don't want someone to see these pictures, DON'T HAVE THEM TAKEN. Once they are out there, people are going to see them. Even if you could get an order stopping this person from posting, the problem is, the pictures are already out there. How are you going to stop the pictures from being circulated? Order everyone who sees them to destroy the pictures? How do you propose enforcing this order. The answer is: You can't. This is the problem with cell phones (sexting) and the internet. Once it is out there, you can't bring it back. I hope this is a lesson learned.
Nudity on the internet or over the airwaves or telephone landlines can be a very dangerous thing. At best, nothing happens. At worst is is deemed porno and results in lengthy prison sentences and lifetime registration as a sex offender with the possibility of being classified a sexually violent predator and, post prison [federal or state] spending the rest of one's life in a criminal psychiatric hospital.
    It would be the basis for a lawsuit against the poster. If either party is underage there could be a prosecution.
    Law Office of John Schum, LLC
    Law Office of John Schum, LLC | John Schum
    Thank you for contacting my office for answers to your questions. Please understand that my responses are general in nature and the law often focuses on specific facts. Before making any legal decisions, you should go over all the facts and specific circumstances of your situation with a lawyer. Additionally, my responses do not create an attorney-client relationship. Your comments to me are confidential and I cannot repeat them. However, I am not representing you on this matter, unless we later establish a formal attorney-client relationship. Now to provide a response to your question. Unfortunately, it is not a crime for the person to do this. It is different if the photographs were taken without your permission. However, if you let them be taken or sent them to the person, you more or less give up your rights. There may be some maneuvering to get them removed and I could help you with this if you like. I hope this helps you sort your legal situation out.
    Answer Applies to: Hawaii
    If you allowed, or sent the pictures, the images are generally owned by the recipient or taker of the image. See an attorney with the details for a firm opinion.