Is it legal for my wife to travel out of state with the kids without a 30 day notice? 1 Answers as of September 30, 2017

My wife and I are in a bitter divorce which is going on over a year. We are just about to get final parenting plan done when she tells me yesterday that she is leaving on a trip with my girls to another state and won't be back until Tuesday. It is still her parenting time but I thought that 30 days written notice was required when taking kids in a pending divorce out of the state. Is this legal? We currently have nothing which states vacation plans which is signed by us both. However, I do have her parenting plan where she says she agrees to give 30 day written notice before traveling.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It sounds as though no parenting plan has been approved by the Court. In Wisconsin at least, taking the children out of state for a few days does not require any court order or consent of the other parent. Long-term moves, of course, are a different thing.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 9/30/2017
Click to View More Answers: