Is it legal for my wife to travel out of state with the kids without a 30 day notice? 1 Answers as of September 30, 2017

My wife and I are in a bitter divorce which is going on over a year. We are just about to get final parenting plan done when she tells me yesterday that she is leaving on a trip with my girls to another state and won't be back until Tuesday. It is still her parenting time but I thought that 30 days written notice was required when taking kids in a pending divorce out of the state. Is this legal? We currently have nothing which states vacation plans which is signed by us both. However, I do have her parenting plan where she says she agrees to give 30 day written notice before traveling.

It sounds as though no parenting plan has been approved by the Court. In Wisconsin at least, taking the children out of state for a few days does not require any court order or consent of the other parent. Long-term moves, of course, are a different thing.