Is it legal for my son to be in the care of his maternal grandmother? Posted on December 18, 2010

I have sole custody of my almost 13 year old son. I got sole custody when he was about 1 and 1/2 years of age. His mother has visitation rights, which she does not often use, or uses on and off. I managed to get custody of my son because his mother left town and left him in the care of my son's grandmother. At this time I had middle of the week visits with him as well has took him every weekend. The grandmother got my son taken out of her custody because she had to go to a mental hospital one night. She lied to the authorities and said I was not in town, that I was in a different state so my son almost went into foster care. My son's mother now picks him up for her bi-weekend visits and drops him off at that same grandmothers house. Is it legal for my child to be in this grandmothers care?