Is it legal for my sister to withold funds left by my father? Posted on January 28, 2011

Twenty years ago my father opened a trust fund in my older sister's name, that was supposed to be saved for both me and my sister. She took her half out later and moved it elsewhere. I have a signed letter from my father stating that the fund, as of 2006, is my "sole and personal property", though it remains in her name. My father died early this month, and now my sister intends to control the fund and only let me withdraw money from it as she sees fit. I am also unable to put money into the fund because she is not speaking to me. I don't know where the fund is because she has moved it. Is there any legal action I can take against her to receive my part of the funds?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: