Is it legal for my sales commission to be taken by my boss and why? 3 Answers as of August 25, 2015

I work as a sales person at a gym where I am paid commission when I sign up new guests. My boss recently took two hundred dollars off my last paycheck because of monthly late charges that guests that I signed up had to pay through their bank. It is like I have been decommissioned. Is this legal?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
MS is an employment at will State, which means that he can set the terms of employment. If the practice you are referring to is a term of employment, then it would be allowed.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I know of no reason your under GA law why the employer may not do this, based on state law. I suggest you contact Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - U.S. Department of Labor http://www.wagehour.dol.gov/ They have investigators that answer such questions, based on Federal law. If you are not in GA, resubmit your question, and identify your state.
I need to see your employment/commission agreement or the manual you work under. This does not sound correct but it depends on your agreement.