Is it legal for my employer to tell local town residents of employee medical conditions, attendance record, and adresses? Posted on June 30, 2011

My assistant manager has been telling the local town residents about my medical conditions and attendance records at work while she is off the clock. It is not just me she is talking about, for example I was also told how an employee living on union street came in to ask if she still had a job and the assistant manager admitted she could have told her right away she wasn't fired but wanted to hear her beg for a while (don't know employee this was just the address since that is all my friend heard). It has gotten to the point where I had friends calling to check on me! Since she is giving out addresses what if someone comes to my house and harms me or my wife or two year old? Is this legal?