Is it legal for a mortgage company to put me on a 3 month trail without any documents? 7 Answers as of March 21, 2013

A mortgage service company put me on a 3 month trail that starts in April. I have not received any paperwork and I only found it out yesterday when I called them. Is that legal?

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
It sounds like they are doing a trial loan modification. It would of course be bet to have documents, but you can?t force them to do a trial. I suggest that you make the payments while requesting documentation. If the loan modification goes through, you definitely need documents to establish the new terms and conditions of the loan (principal amount, interest rate, etc.)
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
You have every right to pay as agreed. You can either pay the regular contract rate or the modified amount. If you are thinking about modifying the debt you might meet with a counsel at www.MakingHomeAffordable.gov.
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
No rules but letting you know in a few months they will say no without explanation.
STASCH LAW LLC
STASCH LAW LLC | Sarah Stasch
It is customary under the government Home Affordable Mortgage Programs to required a Trial Temporary payment plan in anticipation of a permanent loan modification. But, only after you have submitted a HAMP application and gotten a written response. You should have received a letter outlining the terms and conditions of the trial payment plan.
It is their loan, so yes, they can put you on an in house modification if they want.
    Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
    Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
    No documents are necessary.
    Frank Law Group, P.C.
    Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
    Yes, the lender is not obligated to do a modification, so they are entitled to put you on a trial period before they commit to a modification. But try to get them to confirm by email that if you make the trial payments they will modify your loan on terms that you can live with spelled out in the same email.